Wednesday 24 September 2014

Police Nab 55-Year-Old Armed Robbery Gang Leader

A respected business and a red-cap chief, Jude Dike, has been arrested and
paraded by the Lagos State Police Command for being the leader of an armed
robbery gang » that has been terrorising the state and other parts of the
country.
The police say the 55-year-old Chief Jude Dike, who spent several years in Italy
doing drug runs, is the sponsor and leader of the 7-man gang comprising Joel
Eghon, 38, Solomon Igwe, 32, Ifeanyi Onwuegbuchi, 34, Emmanuel Ifeanyi, 34,
Ejike Emegwo, 31, and Leonard Afoaku, 39.
The grey haired Dike who hails from Orlu, Imo State, owns a thriving
warehouse in Idumota area of Lagos where he stores and sell the goods stolen
by his gang.
Speaking with Punch Newspaper » when he was being paraded by the police,
Chief Dike had this to say:

I have my stores on Ashogbon Street, Isale Eko, Idumota in Lagos.
Before coming to Lagos, I was in Italy for eight years. I was doing
drug runs for many dealers. I came back to Lagos three years ago,
where I met Emegwo. We were staying together in Idumota. He was the one
who introduced me to the gang.

When they go on operations, they drop the goods they snatch in my
store. I sell them for the gang and share the money out after
removing my own gains. When some cosmetics were stolen, my gain
was N800,000. On another occasion, my gain was N600,000.

At a point, I told them I wanted to quit because I knew I was treading
a wrong path, but they threatened to implicate me and I continued.
Speaking on how the gang was arrested, the State Commissioner of Police,
Cornelius Aderanti, said on September 20th, information got to him that some
armed robbers who had earlier snatched a Toyota Hiace bus around Ebute
Metta, were planning another operation.
He immediately instructed men of the State Anti Robbery Squad, SARS, to chase
after the robbers. They were arrested and the stolen Toyota car recovered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If they no catch, him for no talk say him want repent....