Thursday 21 January 2016

Impersonator Fake medical doctor who had 7 certificates arrested

A man who had been practising as a medical doctor and worked as a consultant with the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), for three years, has been nabbed by the police after it turned out that he was a fake doctor.

The man, Adesina Opeyemi, 43, had been working the whole time as a gynaecologist and consultant, treating patients before his cover was blown.

Opeyemi who resides at No. 1, Alowolodu Street, Alapere area of Ketu, Lagos State, was arrested by the police at Alakara Police Division for impersonation and forgery after it was also discovered that he had in his possession, seven certificates which were equally fake.
It was gathered that Opeyemi met his waterloo following a petition received by the management of LUTH who invited the police to investigate the matter and at the end of the investigation carried out by the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Alakara CSP Emmanuel Adebisi, the suspect was arrested when it turned out that he was not a qualified medial doctor.

The State Police Public Relations Officer (DPO), SP Dolapo Badmus, revealed that during investigations, seven forged certificates were recovered from Opeyemi, an indigene of Ekiti State and that he also confessed that he has been practicing as a medical doctor, specifically as a consultant and gynaecologist for the past three years before his arrest.

The suspect has confessed to forging the certificates including a fake MBBS certificate from the University of Ibadan, and a fake membership certificate of the Nigerian Medical Association, which he has been using to operate.

“I bought the certificates from Kolawole in Ibadan. That was three years ago. I bought them from him for N100,000. He printed the seven certificates.

I do not know where he stays. We did not meet in any specific location. We usually met at fast food joints or any agreed place. For instance, it was at Agodi Gate area that I gave him the money and got the certificates. I decided to use another name on the certificates.

I forged them because I dropped out of the university. I was actually studying Medicine. However, I dropped out in the 500 level due to financial reasons. I married my wife about five years ago. She thought I was a certified doctor. She actually came to me for treatment in the Ketu area and that was how we met. We have a child.

Three years ago, I decided to get the certificates just to cover up for the failure to finish my university education.

It is not true that I brought women to treat at home. The truth of the matter is that I have a laboratory and the women came there. I usually did tests for them and by the time the test results were out, I would ask them to visit a hospital for treatment.”

No comments: