Tuesday 14 April 2015

#BringBackOurGirls: Malala condemns Nigeria, world leaders over failure to rescue abducted girls

Nobel Peace Laureate, Malala Yousafzai has criticized the Nigerian government and world leaders for failing to rescue the abducted Chibok girls, who have been missing for about a year.
Malala stated this in a letter released on Monday, April 13, in commemoration of the  one year anniversary of the girls’ capture.
“In my opinion, Nigerian leaders and the international community have not done enough to help you,” she said in a letter to the missing girls. “They must do much more to help secure your release. I am among many people pressuring them to make sure you are freed."
 She also called the girls her “my brave sisters in the letter, which she termed “a message of solidarity love and hope.”
“I look forward to the day I can hug each one of you, pray with you and celebrate your freedom with your families. Until then, stay strong and never lose hope. You are my heroes,” she added.
The missing girls were abducted from their school in Chibok, Borno State by Boko Haram insurgents on April 14, 2014  

No comments: