Friday 25 July 2014

Gay Rights: Nigerian Homosexual Writes Open Letter

Gay people in Nigeria are becoming bolder » ,
audacious and obviously intrepid these days with the way they
are coming out of the closets, to let people know they have the
right to practise their sex orientation.
As Nigerians grapple with this alien culture, this young man who
calls himself Proudly Gay Nigerian Man » , has come
out with this open letter to justify his preference to being what
he is. He is asking why Nigerians can't let him and his ilk be and
instead divert their hatred to fighting other vices in the country.
Read his letter here:
Have you men ever solemnly considered what it is
about homosexuals » that scare you? I use the
word homosexuals to refer to both lesbians and gays,
but I’ll tell you this, I am really interested in talking about
homophobia as it concerns gay men, because for some reason
that is beyond me, we never seem to be angry or threatened by
lesbians.
In fact I have heard one too many times how exciting
the thought of two women doing it could be, but
however connected the case of lesbian – acceptance is
to homophobia against men, I won’t be addressing it here.
So, what is it about two men getting hot and heavy with
each other that seem to terrify y’all? This is not the time
to whip out your Holy books at me, keep them aside
for a second, will you?
Do you really imagine that you have a sense of
propriety when you openly declare your hate for the
gays? No, really why do we hate the gays? Is it some
deeper issue that I have yet to understand or a mere case of
hypocrisy?
I just want a sensible reason why I should take a piss on
the rights of individuals who feel love and/or attraction
for each other; I have not found it yet.
So if you can give me one, please do, however, no
religious based arguments, chances are that you’ve
broken most of the rules yourself. I mean, you’re not
Jesus, the perfect son of God.
In anticipation of the event that no one can come up
with a logical reason for homophobia, I’ll advise that
you channel your contempt for the gays to contempt
for our thieving leaders; the man/woman who (sexually) abused
your sister, brother, wife, mother; Boko Haram; ignorance;
hypocrisy, and the many other zillion things that mess up
Nigeria.
Proudly Gay Nigerian Man

No comments: